Home in Rome Terms and Conditions
To book your holiday apartment or private apartment on-line, depending on your selected accommodation, at least a partial payment is required at the time of reservation with any remaining balance due at least 14 days prior to check-in. Some apartments require full payment at the time of booking to secure a special rate.
The 200,00€ will be due by credit card authorization at the time of arrival. The credit card authorization will be released within 48 hours after check-out less any reserves for damages, lost/stolen keys, and/or lock-out service.
At the time of booking, you will be notified by the booking website of all costs, in Euros, associated with the reservation. The Rome City Tax is paid separately from the costs of your stay and is not included in the stated price. It will be assessed and requested in cash (Euros) at the check-in appointment. As of 1 September 2014, the tax rate is 3,50€ per night per guest for a maximum of 10 nights. The city tax is not applied to children under the age of 11 years.
Prices include air conditioning (where available), heating, gas, electricity, water, WiFi Internet and basic household supplies. (Please note that we comply with local and European laws governing the use of air-conditioning and heating and our guests are asked to do the same - DECRETO DEL PRESIDENTE DELLA REPUBBLICA 16 aprile 2013, n. 74.)
Household supplies include one shower towel and one hand towel per guest for the stay and a courtesy selection of shower gel, shampoo, hand soap, dish soap and one roll of toilet paper per guest. Linens will be provided for the bed(s) along with one pillow per guest. Guests are welcome to use other items in the kitchen that may have been left by other guests such as coffee, paper towels, salt, oil, etc. These supplies are not replaced during the stay.
The final cleaning and linen fee is included in the reservation total. Guests are however expected to tidy-up prior to check-out.
Use of an available baby crib, extra towels and/or linens may have an extra price and must be requested and confirmed prior to the arrival date. The cost of extra items requested after the initial reservation has been made are to be paid in cash (Euros) upon arrival at the apartment.
We strongly recommend you buy travel insurance at the time of booking to compensate in the event of cancellation or of a loss or illness while travelling.
- In case of cancellation more than 14 days before arrival, 30% of the rental fee will be retained as a penalty.
- In the event of a cancellation less than 14 days before arrival 100% of the collected rental fees will be retained.
- Failure to pay any remaining balance due at least 14 days prior to arrival may result in an automatic cancellation of the reservation and all prepaid reservation expenses will be retained as penalty.
- A guest may modify a confirmed reservation free of charge up to 14 days prior to arrival. All modifications must be approved by Home in Rome based on availability for the same originally booked apartment.
A reservation is considered to be cancelled upon confirmed receipt of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by midnight local time in Rome at least 14 days prior to the check-in date to receive a partial refund.
*If booked directly on a re-seller website (HomeAway, VRBO, AirBNB, TripAdvisor, etc) the stated cancellation policy in the re-seller's booking confirmation will supersede this stated policy. In this case, the guest must make the request to cancel via the re-seller website.
In the event, the owner of the property must cancel a reservation, the guest will receive alternative options. If an alternative option is not available or is unacceptable, the guest will receive a full refund of any payments already paid.
Arrival and Departure
Having rented an apartment located in a private building, there is no on-site or 24-hour reception. Instead, a check-in appointment is necessary to receive keys. A complimentary check-in appointment can be scheduled between the hours of 15:00 and 20:00. Check-out time is no later than 10:00 on the day of departure. Failure to vacate the property by the standard check-out time without prior consent may result in supplementary fees.
Home in Rome will try to accommodate an earlier arrival and a later departure based on availability. Please note a supplementary fee may apply. All check-in appointments after the complimentary check-in hours may be subject to a late check-in fee between 25,00€ and 50,00€ depending upon the apartment and the time of arrival. Any special check-in or check-out request must be confirmed by Home in Rome. Please note that we do not accommodate arrivals after 22.00.
Based on the guest’s arrival details, including flight or train number, which must be provided no less than 5 days prior to arrival, you will be provided a check-in appointment time directly at the apartment. Please respect the provided appointment time as it has been organized based on our availability, the arrival details provided and our other already scheduled appointments.
It is your responsibility to update Home in Rome of any delays including changes in airport or train station arrival time, luggage claim problems, transportation issues, etc. Failure to provide at least one-hour notice of any delay will result in an additional check-in charge of 25,00€. In addition, the guest must contact Home in Rome directly to reschedule the check-in appointment based on our already scheduled appointments and commitments. A few days prior to the arrival, you will receive a check-in reminder email with all the details and contact information for the appointment.
*Every guest must be registered with the local authorities as required by Paragraph 109 of R.D. 18.6.1931 n. 773. To satisfy this requirement, all guests are required to provide a copy of their passport by the time of check-in. Alternatively, guests may send a copy of their passports in advance to email@example.com. Personal details will be treated in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679/UE.
Specific Rules and Disclaimers
- All guests expressly assume the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises. The owner and/or company take no responsibility.
- The number of actual guests shall not exceed the number of guests stated in the reservation.
- At least one set of keys will be provided for every three guests. Guests are fully responsible for the keys provided at check-in and should always remember to lock the apartment door. The replacement costs of damaged/lost/stolen keys are the sole responsibility of the guest.
- The apartment is located in a private building. Guests should always be respectful of the neighbors especially between the hours of 13:00 and 16:00 and again between the hours of 23:00 and 08:00.
- The property and all its furnishings and appliances should be kept in good order and used as intended only, especially towels, linens, air-conditioning, and heating.
- Smoking is prohibited and pets are not allowed.
- There is no dedicated parking at the apartment. There are pay parking garages and pay parking spots located near the apartment.
- There is no daily housekeeping service. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the apartment or to be washed.
Home in Rome Srl (www.romefortheholidays.com) is a marketing company that provides an online platform for travelers to book properties in Italy. The company, its members, and its managers take no responsibility for personal loss or accidents that may occur while staying at a property. Any disputes shall be mediated between the property owner and the guest. Travel insurance is highly recommended to compensate for any personal loss or accidents while on holiday.