Home in Rome Terms and Conditions
To book our holiday apartment or private apartment on-line, depending on your selected accommodation, at least a partial payment is required at the time of reservation with any remaining balance due at least 14 days prior to check-in. Some apartments require full payment at the time of booking to secure a special rate.
Any necessary security deposit will be by credit card authorization signed at check-in along with any necessary rental agreement and/or receipt required by Italian law. The credit card authorization will be released within 48 hours after check-out less any reserves for damages, lost/stolen keys, and/or lock-out service.
At the time of booking, the guest will be informed of all costs, in Euros, associated with the reservation. The Rome City Tax (3,50€ per person aged 11&up per day) is paid separately and is not included in the advertised reservation total. The city tax will be assessed and paid in cash at check-in.
Prices include air conditioning (where available), heating, gas, electricity, water, WiFi Internet and basic household supplies. Household supplies include one shower towel and hand towel per guest and a courtesy selection of shower gel, shampoo, hand soap, and one roll of toilet paper per guest. Linens will be provided for the bed(s) along with one pillow per guest. Guests are welcome to use other items in the kitchen that may have been left by other guests such as coffee, paper towels, salt, oil, etc. These supplies are not replaced during the stay.
All special requests must be confirmed by Home in Rome prior to arrival and may incur a supplementary charge.
Please note that we comply with local and European laws governing the use of air-conditioning and heating and our guests are asked to do the same - DECRETO DEL PRESIDENTE DELLA REPUBBLICA 16 aprile 2013, n. 74.
We strongly recommend travel insurance to compensate in the event of cancellation, a loss or illness while travelling.
- In case of cancellation more than 14 days before arrival, 30% of the rental fee will be retained as a penalty.
- In the event of a cancellation less than 14 days before arrival 100% of the collected rental fees will be retained.
- Failure to pay any remaining balance due at least 14 days prior to arrival may result in an automatic cancellation of the reservation and all prepaid reservation expenses will be retained as penalty.
- A guest may modify a confirmed reservation free of charge up to 14 days prior to arrival. All modifications must be approved by Home in Rome based on availability for the same originally booked apartment.
A reservation is considered to be cancelled upon confirmed receipt of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by midnight local time in Rome at least 14 days prior to the check-in date to receive a partial refund.
*If booked directly on a re-seller website (HomeAway, VRBO, AirBNB, TripAdvisor, etc) the stated cancellation policy in the re-seller's booking confirmation will supersede this stated policy. In this case, the guest must make the request to cancel via the re-seller website.
In the event, the owner of the property must cancel a reservation, the guest will receive an alternative option. If an alternative option is not available or is unacceptable, the guest will receive of full refund of any payments already paid.
Arrival and Departure
There is no on-site or 24-hour reception. An appointment with our staff is necessary to receive keys. A complimentary check-in appointment can be scheduled between the hours of 15:00 and 20:00. Check-out time is by 10:00 on the day of departure.
Home in Rome will try to accommodate an earlier arrival and a later departure based on availability. Please note a supplementary fee may apply. Appointment requests after hours will be subject to availability and may incur a surcharge between 25,00€ and 50,00€ depending upon the apartment and the time of arrival. Please note that we do not accommodate arrivals after 22.00.
Based on the guest’s arrival details, including flight or train number, which must be provided no less than 5 days prior to arrival, a check-in appointment will be provided. In the event of any delays or changes, it is the guest's responsibility to notify Home in Rome. Failure to provide at least a one-hour notice of any delay or change may result in a supplementary charge. Check-in will take place directly at the apartment.
Specific Rules and Disclaimers
- All guests expressly assume the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises. The owner and/or company take no responsibility.
- The number of actual guests shall not exceed the number of guests stated in the reservation.
- At least one set of keys will be provided for every three guests. Guests are fully responsible for the keys provided at check-in and should always remember to lock the apartment door. The replacement cost of damaged/lost/stolen keys are the sole responsibility of the guest.
- The apartment is located in a private building. Guests should always be respectful of neighbors especially between the hours of 13:00 and 16:00 and again between the hours of 23:00 and 08:00.
- The property and all its furnishings and appliances should be kept in good order and used as intended only, especially towels, linens, air-conditioning, and heating.
- Smoking is prohibited, and pets are not allowed.
- There is no daily housekeeping service. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the apartment or to be washed.
Home in Rome Srl (www.romefortheholidays.com) is a marketing company that provides an online platform for travelers to book properties in Italy. The company and its managers take no responsibility for personal loss or accidents that may occur while staying at a property. Any disputes shall be mediated between the property owner and the guest. Travel insurance is highly recommended to compensate for any personal loss or accidents while on holiday.